Another week, another release of GNOME 3 live image.
Sorry for the delay but the release of GTK 3.0 and glib 2.28 last week pushed back my planned release since I needed to rebuild the entire stack with it.
If you want to spread the word about the image, you can also link now to http://gnome3.org/tryit.html
Anyway, what is new in this release :
- many modules have been updated to GNOME 2.91.6
- kernel 2.6.37 (desktop flavor) and Xorg 1.9.3 (ie fresh drivers for many cards) : thanks to OBS, I've been able to easily integrate those packages update on our stable distribution (openSUSE 11.3). Still no gallium driver for radeon, this is scheduled for next week.
- fixed freeze at startup on some radeon card (there was a race between graphical splash and radeon KMS)
- some additional network drivers (shaun, this release is for you ;)
- more GNOME 3 modules, based on feedback we got from FOSDEM (epiphany, evince, brasero, gnome-packagekit, file-roller, evolution, gnome-games, totem-plugins...)
- new gnome-shell, with integration with evolution-data-server (no, you won't have yet new workspace layout in this image, since GNOME-Shell hackers are still busy working on it)
- The Board is also in the image, feel free to test it
- ndiswrapper is not shipped (not available for 2.6.37 yet)
- same for vmware guest (please use SUSE Studio appliance instead)
- there are some SSL certificates popups issues (when using empathy)
- changing language from gnome-control-center doesn't work