Sunday, September 2, 2007

Done with GUADEC photos

I've finally finished to select, sort and "develop" my GUADEC photos (available on this flickr set). It took me too much time to complete it for various reasons :

  • sort my photos and only publish relevant ones (until then, I was just pushing all photos on my flickr account to let people sort my mess ;) ),
  • experiment with RAW photography (which is extremely time consuming when you aren't sure which settings you should tweak),
  • tune results with GIMP (Cropping, Levels, Curve and Tone Mapping),
  • make sure all photos are titled correctly and geopositionned too (I don't have a GPS received yet).
My next photos to take care of are those I took in Thaïland in June. Hopefully, they aren't in RAW format (I have 830 to sort) and I did a lot of try & errors for some monuments, so maybe it will be done for end of September ;)